For no particular reason, I’ve written the following manifesto for myself to follow:
From 22. October 2007 until 22. October 2008, I will:
- refrain from digital photography except in utmost need;
- photograph in black and white;
- photograph things as they are;
- refrain from special effects;
- refrain from focal lengths other than 50mm for 35mm film and 80mm for 120 film except in the case of a pinhole;
- process my own film;
- use available light;
- shoot at least one film of 35mm and one film of 120 per month;
- build at least one camera myself;
- blog about my experience at this blog.
When the year has elapsed, I will consider extending the manifesto, and I will ask at least one other to adopt a similar one.